Sunday, May 6, 2007

Seeing 700-706

“Why didn’t someone hand those newly sighted people paints and brushes from the stat, when they still didn’t know what anything was? Then maybe we all could see the color patches too, the world unraveled from reason...” pg 703
I really like the way that this girl thinks and this quote really shoes this. She can’t draw as well as her family and she is very different from everyone else. I also really like this idea that she has. Everyone sees things how they know them. If someone asked me what color a frog is I would automatically say green. The people who have never seen before would be able to see things without having been sculpted by society on how to see them.

“I had my whole life a bell, and never knew it until at that moment I was lifted and struck.” Pg 706
Her whole life she had not been very sure of who she was. She now at this moment she had found it out. It made me happy reading it that I found out that she was happy and found out who she was. She was really different and didn’t really fit in with her family. Like when she tried to draw the horse and she couldn’t, and that she was sad that she didn’t have one thing that she really specialized and loved.

No comments: